Joseph Kerski, Ph.D. GISP
Environmental Systems Research Institute, Inc. – ESRI
1 International Court
Broomfield CO 80021-3200 USA
Tel: 303-449-7779 x 1-8237
jkerski @ esri.com
hnology and education in the following roles:
(1) Creating curriculum involving geography, science, history, and mathematics, with a common base of geotechnologies (Geographic Information Systems (GIS), Global Positioning Systems (GPS), Remote Sensing, web mapping services, and Virtual Globes).
(2) Supporting the implementation of GIS at all levels of society through the provision of technical support, educational support, materials support, and through publishing articles, web resources, books, and through teaching and training.
(3) Nurturing educational partnerships among private industry, professional societies, local, regional, state, tribal, and federal government agencies, higher education, primary and secondary education, nonformal educational organizations, community and youth associations and organizations, and nonprofit organizations.
(4) Teaching 40 workshops and presenting at 20 conferences annually, including the National Council for Geographic Education, the Association of American Geographers, the Geographical Association, the National Science Teachers Association, the National Indian Education Association, GeoTech Texas, the National Association of Interpretation, the ESRI User Conference, and others.
(5) Conducting research on the implementation and effectiveness of geotechnologies on teaching and learning in formal and nonformal educational settings.
(6) Communicating the message of geotechnologies to transform teaching and learning through writing books, columns, articles in journals and popular media, flyers, operating informational exhibits at conferences, libraries, open houses, and other venues.
© 2007-2016 Joseph Kerski